Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Tree

At the beginning of February we started our stewardship series. It was a good time to remember, as a congregation, to give thanks to God for all that he has done in the past year. We had a bare tree at the front of the church and during the service and put a flower shaped card on all the chairs. I hadn't told people what the bare tree was doing at the front of the church until I invited people to write prayers and words of thanksgiving on the cards and to place them on the tree. It was amazing how the cards transformed the tree! There was much to give God thanks for. At the end of the service the children brought their cards in that they had made in Sunday school and also placed them on the tree.

After the night service we put the tree in the foyer and now everytime I pass it through my week I see how pretty it is and am reminded to give thanks. It literally brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment